All persons entering Sierra Leone must have a valid passport or travel document. Citizens of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) do not require a visa to enter the country, but citizens of all other countries do. Everyone needs a work permit.
We’ve made visas easy. With minimal input required from you, we can have a valid document ready for your trip to Sierra Leone. This is done through the Immigration Office in Freetown. Read on to find out how we can help.
We are authorized to facilitate visas through the Immigration Office in Freetown.
The process to acquire a landing visa is as follows:
- Scan your passport information page, and save it on your computer.
- Apply online filling all the details and attach your passport scan. You will be redirected to make payment.
If granted, we will email the visa and receipt back to you as soon as it is received from the Immigration Office.
- Both these documents should be presented to immigration officials when you arrive at the airport.
- The landing visa is valid for entry anytime within 3 months and for stays of up to 1 month. You can apply for extensions, multiple-entry and business visas when in Freetown or through the relevant High Commission or Embassy.
- If you have not received a copy of your visa in five business days, please contact us immediately. However, make sure you go through your junk or spam filters first as well as any third party email filtering software. This is the most common reason for non receipt of visa.
Please click here to see a list of visa fees