Visa On Arrival
As part of government’s commitment to promote tourism and attract foreign direct investment, the Government of Sierra Leone wishes to inform the general public, airline operators, Sierra Leone Embassies and Missions overseas, international Air Transport Association (IATA), international partners and other government bodies that with effect from Thursday 5th September, 2019, a new Visa on Arrival policy has been rolled-out for persons from the following countries or blocs:
- United Kingdom Citizens
- European Union Citizens
- United States Citizens
- Citizens of Commonwealth member countries
- Citizens of Gulf Cooperation Council member countries (UAE, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait and Oman)
- Citizens of the BRICS Countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa)
- South Korea
- East Timor
Below are the visa fees for ease of reference:
- ECOWAS nationals – Visa free
- Non-Ecowas AU nationals – USD 25.00
- All other countries – USD 80.00
Citizens of ECOWAS states and all other countries with which Sierra Leone has visa-free agreements will continue to enjoy visa free access.
Citizens of countries not listed above are required to visit the nearest Sierra Leone Embassy or Mission abroad to secure visas prior to visiting Sierra Leone. All persons coming to Sierra Leone for the purpose other than tourism, visit or business need to apply for a visa before undertaken such travel. We wish to reassure all potential visitors of a continuing hassle-free visa processing experience.
Other Visa Method
We’ve made visas easy. With minimal input required from you, we can have a valid document ready for your trip to Sierra Leone. This is done through the Immigration Office in Freetown. Read on to find out how we can help.
We are authorized to facilitate visas through the Immigration Office in Freetown.
The process to acquire a landing visa is as follows:
- Scan your passport information page, and save it on your computer.
- Apply online filling all the details and attach your passport scan. You will be redirected to make payment.
If granted, we will email the visa and receipt back to you as soon as it is received from the Immigration Office.
- Both these documents should be presented to immigration officials when you arrive at the airport.
- The landing visa is valid for entry anytime within 3 months and for stays of up to 1 month. You can apply for extensions, multiple-entry and business visas when in Freetown or through the relevant High Commission or Embassy.
- If you have not received a copy of your visa in five business days, please contact us immediately. However, make sure you go through your junk or spam filters first as well as any third party email filtering software. This is the most common reason for non receipt of visa.
Please click here to see a list of visa fees